Sir Ademola Aladekomo B.Sc, MBA, LBS CEP1.
‘Demola established Chams immediately after his MBA program in 1985 with virtually no capital but a big dream. He went ahead to grow Chams from a private business to a multi-billion-naira public quoted company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Having successfully led the Chams dream to reality and built a lasting legacy, Demola retired as founding Managing Director of Chams in 2015 after 30years.
Demola showed a great entrepreneurial spirit early in life, which started with his coconut candy production and marketing in 1966-1968; photography business 1968- 1972; sports promotion 1974 – 1976; Taxi-cab operation 1976-1984; and novel poultry egg distribution 1982-1985. He was prefect at primary school, house captain in secondary school, College Challenge Winner for Western Region 1976, NTA National Mastermind Champion 1977- 1978, Literary and Debating president at A-levels, Club president at University.
Evidently a resilient innovator and pioneer of many laudable innovations that have become key drivers of the Nigerian Economy, Demola pioneered Electronic funds transfer which led to the emergence of the e-payment and smart card industry. He conceptualized and setup the twice certified Guinness World Record ChamsCity in both Lagos and Abuja.
Before ChamsCity, he built the biggest capacity ID card personalisation plant in the world in Abuja, which delivered 70million Identity cards in 90 days for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). He also led the Chams team to deliver on the first successful One million National ID Cards where foreign companies had failed for decades.
More recently, Demola is Championing the setup of Nigeria’s, SmartCity Innovation Hub (Similar to America’s Silicon Valley) in partnership with Lagos state and the Federal Ministry of Information and Communication of Technology. His last major job at Chams PLC before retiring was the Implementation of the Bank Verification Number (BVN) project for Central Bank of Nigeria, NIBSS and Nigerian banks.
Sir Demola Aladekomo, a Knight of John Wesley born on December 31, 1957 is married to Titilola and they are blessed with four children and a granddaughter.
A LIFE OF SERVICE
• Founder and Managing Director (1985-2015)- Chams PLC
• Director: ChamsAccess Ltd, ChamsSwitch Ltd and Cardcentre Nigeria Ltd
• Chairman - Treasurenest Ltd, Smartcity Resorts Plc, Insider Concepts Ltd and ChamsConsortium Ltd
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION/MEMBERSHIPS OF ASSOCIATIONS
• Fellow and President (2011-2013) Nigerian Computer Society
• President, Lagos Business School Alumni Association (2012-2014)
• Chairman: DATA Foundation Board,
• Universities: Wesley University BOT Chair; Hallmark University BOT member, and Osun State University Council member
• Patron, Lagos City Chorale Group
• Founder: Volunteer Corps and Joint Christian Cemetery Council Ltd